On the Way

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
~ Psalm 84:5

Monday, January 18, 2010

a united & untied heart

11 Teach me your way, O Lord,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
12 I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name forever.
13 For great is your steadfast love toward me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
~ Psalm 86:11-13

"The Bible regularly pictures the moral course of one's life as a “way” or path, and one's conduct as a “walk” or journey. A faithful person seeks instruction in the ways that please God in order to learn how better to walk in God's truth. Unite my heart, i.e., make it “one” (cf. Jer. 32:39), undivided in its loyalty (so that all of it can give thanks, Ps. 86:12)."
(ESV Study Bible note on v. 11)



No comments: