On the Way

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
~ Psalm 84:5

Thursday, January 21, 2010

on friends who are not fickle, who really care

17 A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.
~ Proverbs 17:17

I give thanks to God for friends and I have several who have demonstrated over time the above passage:  consistency, loyalty, encouragement, never perfection but faithful loving, nonetheless.

I think it's time I ready Bonhoeffer again on Christian fellowship in Life Together, a related theme to friendship.
Aelred of Riveaulx or a good modern theological reflection on friendship by someone like P.J. Wadell might be of use as well.  But most of all, let's hang, play games, talk, let's just be together as friends.
Facebook is nice and has its place in certain ways---but primacy should always be given in my view to 'face to face' friendships or at least having a good conversation on the phone.

No comments: