On the Way

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
~ Psalm 84:5

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Joy comes with the morning (giving thanks for the Lord's healing)

Psalm 30 was on my mind this morning as I visited New City Fellowship and I shared several verses during the 'testimony time'.  I give thanks for the Lord providing me some healing of depression and anxiety---a true answer to many prayers which I do not take for granted.  Every day can be a battle in various ways.  Recovery and redemption for that matter are life-long endeavors.

I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
and you have healed me.
O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit. [1]
Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name. [2]
For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime. [3]
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

No comments: