On the Way

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
~ Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Psalm 13 - How Long, O Lord?

This Psalm has special meaning for me.  I remember praying it years ago while on a personal, spiritual retreat.
I even wrote a little ditty to its words with my guitar.  I appreciate the raw honesty of the Psalmist admitting the struggle but also the note of hope upon which it ends.
Pray and be blessed!

How Long, O Lord?

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

13:1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

No comments: