On the Way

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
~ Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

blog theme verse

Since I'm up (for some reason, my blog is showing me on Pacific Standard time now?),
I want to post one theme verse I have in mind for the title of my blog.
It's taken from 1 Peter chapter 1 in the New Testament:
1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who are elect exiles of the dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood:

May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

I like Peter's benediction here in this last phrase. I cannot say it any better. And this is my wish or longing for all my friends and family members as well as myself, a 'redeemed sinner' living in exile. For in one sense as the old hymn put it: "this world is not my home, i'm just a passing through..."
I think of the old Petra song--"We are strangers, we are aliens, we are not of this world". It's my prayer for myself and others that we would be "joyful exiles" that lovely phrase from the venerable James Houston in his recent book.

Grace and peace to you

No comments: