On the Way

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
~ Psalm 84:5

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Second Station hits home

The Second Station: Jesus Takes Up His Cross
(John 19:17)
Lord Jesus Christ, our Teacher on the Way, sometimes your call upon our life seems like
more than we can bear. We are tempted to shrink from the challenges and hardships of
our path. We wonder if we can make it all the way up the hill. Lord Jesus Christ, you
carried your own cross with strength and perseverance and were undeterred by those
who demeaned you along the way. As we walk this way together, show me what is my
cross to carry, my burden to bear, and teach me how to shoulder it well. Today is the day
for me to learn more of what it means for me to take up my cross and follow you.
Silence
Lord, in your mercy,
hear our prayer.

No comments: